The university of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship is offered by the University of Newcastle. This university is normally known as Newcastle University. This university is Australian Research university. It was established in 1965. Newcastle University is one of the most popular and world leading university of Australia.
Newcastle University offered this scholarship to any applicant who wish to undertaking a full time research masters or PhD degree on any course provided by the University of Newcastle. For this scholarship any national and international students may be applicant. Under this scholarship program , Newcastle University offers the financial support for international students from the diverse background , rewards for academic excellence. The total worth of this scholarship will be approximately $30,000.
Current research students as well as commencing research students will the eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is university and commonwealth government scholarship and this scholarship will awarded during two rounds for the domestic and international applicants.
Selection of eligible applicants for this scholarship program will be based on academic merit. And the selection process will be highly competitive. Applicant who can demonstrate communication skill and who have research potential will have more probability to get this scholarship.
This offer of scholarship may also take into the area of account research strength or may in line with strategic direction of university.
Benefits of Scholarship
The recipient of this scholarship funded by the university of Newcastle or the commonwealth will be offered the following allowance, or may include the following expenses :
– The recipient of this scholarship will receive full tuition fee until the course completed.
– The recipient will offered a thesis allowance up to approximately $500.
– The recipient will offered a relocation allowance up to approximately $2000.
– The recipient will receive annual living allowance up to approximately $27000.
Time And Duration of Scholarship
The PhD scholarship offered of Newcastle University will be for three years and if necessary PhD students may apply for extension of three months on the research related grounds.
The duration of master’s degree program scholarship will be maximum three years.
Eligibilities for Scholarship
To be the eligible for Newcastle international graduate research scholarship the applicant must meet the following criteria :
– The applicant must have completed at least four years of undergraduate study at the recognized educational institutions or university.
– Applicant must have attained honours class 1 or equivalent.
– Applicant must have demonstrate the evidence of english language proficiency. And must show the certificate of IELTS scored at least 6.5 with no individual subset score less than 6.0.
– The holder of research master’s degree will not be eligible.
– Holder of research Doctoral degree will not be eligible.
– if the applicant held an equivalent scholarship before , then he/she will be eligible.
How To Apply
To apply for this Newcastle university international graduate research scholarship, you may go through the following process:
– if you are enrolled student then you need to contact the scholarship department of this scholarship during the application time of this scholarship. And need to submit the application.
– if you are commencing student you need to apply for this scholarship at the time of admission at the university. Different application form will be need for the scholarship and university admission.
– Applicant must submit the academic transcript, research proposal, evidence of extra necessary academic documents , certificate of english language proficiency ete etc with the application form for the schalarship.
– And you need to ensure all the required documents before submitting the application.
– There are two scholarship round each year, for one scholarship application form will be closed on 15 september and for another round application form will be close on 31 january.
For more information about international scholarship and recent notice about international scholarship stay in touch with us.